Friday, August 22, 2008

I woke up at 7:45am.

I woke up pretty early today, considering I went to sleep at 3am after watching The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. I'm reading Alan Noon's blog. He worked on the Street Fighter: The Movie game for the Saturn back in the day. He still works for a game company. It got me thinking about me and my games. These days, I rarely beat games anymore.

The last game i finished was Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. I'm currently playing Turok on the 360. The game is frustrating at times. Few games really excite me these days, but I still want to play games in general. The feeling I used to feel when I was a kid about up and coming games is gone. I guess I'm not wowed anymore. I think that's because of the Internet. I read up on news every single day about the gaming world, from rumors, announcements to seeing video about X game. So it's hardly a surprise these days. It's hard not wanting to find out about what interests you. Sometimes I avoid any news about a game when it's close to coming out, so I can be marveled. I no longer subscribe to game magazines.

I'm looking forward to games on the 360 (Gears of War 2, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts) and PS3 (Little Big Planet, Killzone 2) this holiday season. The Wii is ok. I haven't played it since May. It's great for Nintendo games. Few 3rd party games shine on the Wii. I'll be bringing my 360 and PS3 to Japan with me, but I think I'll leave my Wii behind.

No comments: